Talking about society, marketing, food, technology, media, fun & games, education, funny stories, food, art and more. New episodes every Thursday.

Educator Self and Peer Assessment with Dr. Doug McKee

Doug McKee

Teachers Need Peer Review

Dr. McKee provides some peer assessment and evaluation of Harry's in-classroom learning. Harry recounts the strengths and weaknesses of a variety of assignments and in-class strategies. Harry is seeking broader acceptance of honest self-evaluation and embracing the failures in pedagogy that leads to learning and improved student learning outcomes.

Reach Doug:

Teach Better web site (http://teachbetter.co) and Twitter (@TeachBetterCo)

Dr. Doug McKee

Harry's Notes:

"Since the Fall of 2013 I have evolved my approach to teaching with an assortment of pedagogically diverse approaches. 
I have been seeking a knowledgeable peer with whom I could present a self-assessment; I believe only a frank and honest accounting of my efforts will allow me to continue to grow and learn as a teacher." 

Thanks Doug!

On April 7th, 2015, Dr. Doug McKee took the time to listen to my self-assessment while offering suggestions, insights and lessons from his own classroom. Dr. McKee is the co-host of the Teach Better podcast (http://teachbetter.co/)"


Post a Comment