Talking about society, marketing, food, technology, media, fun & games, education, funny stories, food, art and more. New episodes every Thursday.

Cruising: 1970 Chevy Impala 350 Custom Coupe

Cruising 1970 Chevy Impala 350 Custom Coupe

Coupe of Pleasure

This one is blue; mine was Gray.. and probably has simplier rims, and no wheel well covers. .. and only a single exhaust. You can see the iconic "Notch" in the rear deck lid and if you can image, the rear and front of the car were of a similar length.. and there was plenty of room in that car to get into trouble. I got mine for $900 in 1977 with about 95,000 miles on it. That car took good care of me, and got me into and out of a lot of trouble from fire and ice, to snow, skiing and amazing full 360 degree skids.. I really learned how to pull myself out of a skid in that car.. let me tell YOU!

Many lessons were learned at the wheel of my custom coupe.

1970 Impala 350 Custom Coupe

Which Car Is Mine?

It's hard to know (or really remember) what exact model (power train) I had. I recall the car had a 10.5:1 compression but there isn't anything in the specs at that size.. and I recall it was a 2 barrell carb so in the episode I have probally indicated the wrong engine configuration. I think this is the car I had -->> My Impala (1970) 350 Custom Coupe. Also I think I was wrong in the listed stop speed which seems to be 167 for 3rd gear; although this site claims a 112 top speed for one model (and 0-60 in 9.5 seconds). The most I ever did was 115 MPH... which was fast enough. This car is 3968 lbs whereas in the episode I note 4004 lbs.. either way with me the car weighted over 2 tons.

My car was more like this one -->

1970 2 door- Impala 250 Custom Coupe




Post a Comment